Friday, February 01, 2008

Greetings from Phnom Penh

Suosdey everyone,
Hopefully I just said hello. I'm in Phnom Penh now, where apparently I'm a pilates teacher. If you're wondering how that happened, I'm right there with you. I taught my first class this morning, thank you and sincere apologies to all who attended. I was supposed to start teaching Monday, but due to misprint on schedule, people showed up for class at 9am this morning. I was out late last night drinking with Christiane Amanpour at the FCC (well, she was sitting next to me, but you could tell she really wanted to talk.) I spoke with one of the guys she was hanging with, a freelance Khmer journalist, said she's covering issues of genocide and the trials.

I'll give a full report later, still trying to get my bearings. It's 33 degrees Celsius, which in Fahrenheit is a million. Presently all of my energy is devoted to figuring out how to cross the street and how to get coffee. I stayed at a nice brothel my first night, a little hectic, but cold beer and I can say around the world in twelve languages. Now I'm living at the yoga studio where I teach until I find apartment.

Before that, I need to find shoes. Sneakers too hot, flip flops died because I used my feet as breaks trying to learn to ride motorcycle (I've ridden three times and only fell off once, at that rate I'll be dead by next Tuesday). Nothing in this country fits me, I didn't bring workout clothes and had to teach pilates in my bathing suit. My goal is shoes, then find out who's hosting superbowl party (it's showing here on Monday at 6am), then maybe take up smoking.

More to follow...

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark Roy said...

have you found some shoes yet

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home